Wednesday

At last....

...my love has come along

My lonely days are over

and life is like a song


Yes, it's Glenn Miller. Listen to it, it's a really great song! And what's more, it tells me... I'm done. The Liseuse is finally done. See:

Isn't it really, really cute? I'm so proud of myself, I actually finished something (and those of you who know me, know I rarely do). It even fits.

I don't know if you can see it, but the collar is double, and was supposed to contain a piece of silk ribbon, which was then to be tied together at the front, sort of like a bow tie.

If I had followed the pattern, that is.


Since I'm not a big fan of bow ties (except on men in tuxes), I went with the three white silkyish roses instead. I have to pull the shrug over my head now (so I'm not sure it's even a shrug anymore) instead of just putting it on and tying the ribbon, but the bow idea seemed so... I don't know, Easter bunny-ish. You know what I mean? Anyway, I think it turned out great modified.

Ah, I'm so in love with this baby :)

7 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Otto said this:

Hejsan!

What a pretty little shrug you've made! I am envious =)

I traced a link from my blog and it led to yours. Coincidentally I have been to Uppsala, more than a few times, walked along the river and had beautiful times there. I assume that you are a student in the Uni.

Oh well, that's that... take care and happy knitting. Wished I had more patience, then I might end up with a little liseuse!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Fi said this:

Thanks :) Links are a funny thing, you can end up anywhere!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Otto said this:

Tell me abt it!! I saw that you came to my blog for a visit. If you sit long enough to read, I spent two summers in Stockholm with my Swedish Love. His father owned a nice house in Uppsala... and soooooo that's how I found myself there quite often.

Small world, I am telling you.

So now tell me, is this difficult to knit?? I might actually learn how to knit, just to have one of this!!!!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Fi said this:

Difficult? Um, well... not really, no. For the liseuse you need to know how to knit, purl, and cable (a little cabling, anyway). It's not that hard if you set your mind to it :)

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Linster said this:

Jättefin! Otroligt bra gjort! :-) Grymt!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Fi said this:

*rodnar klädsamt* Tack!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Linster said this:

Sticka mer nu! Fota! Blogga! Jag behöver mer garnporr...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home