Sunday

I know I'm late ;)

but here are my answers to the SP8 questionnaire:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love wool. All kinds of it, from the stickiest, most unknittable thing that ever came from a sheep to the lovely alpaca fibres. Silk is also nice. I don't like synthetics, and I'm not a big fan of cotton, either.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Um, well, I have a rather strange-looking pinkish tube that I crocheted for the purpose, and it works as long as I don't buy more needles...

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Well, I knit my first, uh, object when I was about -- 8? I've been knitting seriously for about two or three years. What's the difference between intermediate and advanced? Oh well. Since I usually don't have enough patience to finish things, let's say I'm intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Nope.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Uh... I don't really like scented products (except perfume in a bottle).

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I absolutely adore chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I can make quite tasty cookies, cakes, and buns, if I do say so myself. I don't spin. I crochet, but I'm not very good at it and I much prefer knitting.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Jazz is my thing, and, strangely enough, old country music. My computer can play mp3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love warm/burnt colors, the colors of fall. I don't really like pastelles, or very bright, loud colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my boyfriend and our six-month-old son. No pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves and mittens. Hats are difficult to find because I have a really large head. I don't wear ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like variety, so just about anything.

13. What are you knitting right now?

A red vest, self-striping socks (first time), uh... and that's probably it (not counting the UFOs I haven't decided yet whether to finish or not)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I haven't received that many to date, but I think I've liked all of them.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Straight ones are nice because they look so traditional, like you're a little old lady who's been knitting forever. Circulars are very practical, and I love them for colorwork. I haven't used circulars much either, so they're still kind of new and exciting.
Bamboo rules. Aluminum and plastic are nice, too, but bamboo... ohhh.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Nope. Neither.

17. How did you learn to knit?

My mother taught me. Later, I read books and freshened up my skills.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

Oh... I have no idea. I've ripped the oldest ones. A year, maybe?

19. What is your favorite holiday?

I don't think I have one. Christmas is always nice, though.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

My boyfriend says I collect old knitting books and magazines (up to about 1956), and old cookbooks (and he's probably right, judging from my bookshelf).

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Well, I'm always up for books about lace or the 1940s-50s period. I don't subscribe to a knitting magazine.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Probably yes, but none that I know of. I tried magic loop and wasn't too impressed. I love doing cables without that ridiculous special needle, though!

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I am now (got my first ball of sock yarn about two weeks ago). I have really large feet, about 10.5 inches/26.5 cm long.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

October 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home